• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Indiana (1 Viewer)

frrobert

United States
Hello everyone,

I thought I should introduce myself.

I just started birding this spring (2024) by taking a class offered by our County Parks Department. So I am still learning and definitely a newbie. Most of my time birding is listening for birds, so I hope to get into recording songs and calls in the future.

My ebird profile is Sign in You will need to be logged in to eBird to view it.

I spend quite a bit of time at our local State Park walking my dog, Roman, looking and listening for birds. I also am a ham radio operator, W9RWB, and operate my ham radio from the park. I participate in a program called Parks on the Air, so if you are also a ham and are on FT8 look for me on the bands.

Robert

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi Robert and a warm welcome from me too. When you get into your recordings, I hope you will be able to upload some of them here, as we are always looking for these to link to our species articles in the Opus section.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back