• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Greetings from Louisville, KY (1 Viewer)

denapple

Denapple
Just found this forum, and am pleased with all the information. I volunteer at the Falls of the Ohio State Park, which has fabulous Devonion fossils, and great birding in the Ohio River. In the summer, we set up a spotting scope and have wonderful views of the Great Blue Herons, Great Egrets, and Night Crowned Herons in the river. The Peregrine Falcone doesn't like to pose, but he flies by regularly. There's a steady number of Turkey Vultures and Black Vultures that fly by eye level.

Kentucky also has Bald Eagles that winter here at some of our lakes, and the state parks have Eagle viewing weekends that are fabulous. Raptors are my favorite birds!

Beverlybaynes

Mod Squad
Another warm welcome to you, den apple!

What a great place to volunteer! And I know the river can produce some really interesting rarities from time to time -- there was an Ancient Murrelet perhaps a year ago or so . . .unfortunately, Louisville is just far enough away (4 1/2 - 5 hours) that dashing down there isn't the easiest thing to do . . .

Have cousins in your area, so get to visit Louisville occasionally -- well, they're out in LaGrange County . . . another cousin on staff at the Courier-Journal . . .

Enough babble from me -- hope you enjoy yourself on the forums...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread