• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Pasadena ,California. New member looking for Australian bird guide . (1 Viewer)

simtom3

United States
Hi, new member here. Hope you all are well and have amazing birding plans this weekend. Would someone here suggest the best field guides for Australian birds please? Hubbie and I are planning a trip someday and we would like to study and learn before our trip. Thank you.

Hi simtom and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I took the guide Birds of Australia (a Photographic Guide) by Iain Campbell, Sam Woods and Nick Leseberg, which served me quite well, though a bit bulky. There are a couple of phone apps.

I think there may be guides for different parts of Australia if you're not travelling the whole country. It may help if you ask in the Information Wanted forum and let them know which states you will be visiting as I think there are guides for the individual states as well.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi simtom and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I took the guide Birds of Australia (a Photographic Guide) by Iain Campbell, Sam Woods and Nick Leseberg, which served me quite well, though a bit bulky. There are a couple of phone apps.

I think there may be guides for different parts of Australia if you're not travelling the whole country. It may help if you ask in the Information Wanted forum and let them know which states you will be visiting as I think there are guides for the individual states as well.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Many thanks , good birding to you!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back