• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Grey Flycatcher? Arizona (1 Viewer)

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Looks like one from the photos I’ve seen. But I would wait for further verification. It is a very nice photo.

AveryBartels

Any more photos? This looks rather in between Hammond's and Dusky for me. The primary projection is right in that middle ground between the two but the tail seems a bit long for Hammond's to my eye. At first glance there appears to be the "big gap" between the 4th and 5th primary which is a good trait for Hammond's. However, when zoomed in it appears as if there is a another primary tip in there that is not as obvious and would make the wing formula better for Dusky. More photos would be very helpful.

K B Srinivas

Hello Avery,
Thanks for helping with the id. I tried looking for photos from other angles but couldn't find any. I should have got more pictures from other angles.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread