• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Griswold’s UK Birding List 2021 (1 Viewer)

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Managed to get down to Sker today. My OH insisted we go shopping for tiles after work which meant a bit of a tense wait. The silver lining though was that she has dreadful taste. So maybe it was better I was there(y)

192. Hoopoe

Attachments

• 1BFCCAAB-8F06-41D8-BAD9-FFB5C679281B.jpeg
    1BFCCAAB-8F06-41D8-BAD9-FFB5C679281B.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 3

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Had a day out with my youngest today. Headed up to Burton Mere and the Wirral. Wilson’s Phalarope is a bird I don’t mind travelling for. Would have gone for the Hampshire bird but Wales was still in lockdown.

And of course the bird was no where to be seen. Could still be around as there’s so many places it could have been out of sight. Still a great day though. Burton Mere was well worth a visit. Really friendly birders. The supporting cast of birds seen was not too shabby: 3 Spoonbills, PFG’s, several Ruff, Marsh Harrier and 3 Cattle Egrets. The youngest was superb company. Even carrying my scope for periods as my back is playing up.

193. Pink Footed Goose
194. Cattle Egret

I’m hoping 200 is on the cards as I’ve got a couple of nights in Norfolk in October and 6 nights in Scotland in November.

Rich

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Beautiful down at Rhossili today. Great views of a pair of Peregrines. Kestrels were showing well along with the local Ravens. Chough were a year tick. Ed Hunter found an American Buff-bellied Pipit nearby but my sciatica was giving me so much gyp I couldn’t face the walk.

195. Chough

Attachments

• 0B1A78ED-9AC9-4BC7-953D-B855E1422D1D.jpeg
    0B1A78ED-9AC9-4BC7-953D-B855E1422D1D.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread