• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gruiformes and Charadriiformes (5 Viewers)

"Actophilornis" albinucha sister to Microparra capensis

However the text says "none of the nodes separating the two species of Actophilornis received a bootstrap support value greater than 50%"

currently available sequence data do not even make it possible to test whether Turnix is monophyletic with respect to the monotypic Ortyxelos. We suggest that sequencing the latter genus as well as additional Turnix species should be a priority for future studies seeking to improve taxon sampling within the Charadriiformes
Given the age of Turnici, Ortyxelos might prove to be a seperate family?

Look at Lymnocryptes and Rhinoptilus!! 😲😲😲
They were not critical enough when they included some sequences in their supermatrix, I'm afraid.

The position of Lymnocryptes makes no sense, and is likely due to the RAG1 sequence EF373192, which is probably a chimera -- the first 900 bp of the sequence are fully identical to Limosa haemastica. The position of the Long-billed Plover is certainly not correct either, and undoubtedly due to the use of the mitogenome KY419888, which is a Kentish Plover; at least a recent barcode, MT602072, makes Long-billed sister to Little Ringed. The position of Oriental Plover, away from Caspian, is something I cannot believe either...

They were not critical enough when they included some sequences in their supermatrix, I'm afraid.

The position of Lymnocryptes makes no sense, and is likely due to the RAG1 sequence EF373192, which is probably a chimera -- the first 900 bp of the sequence are fully identical to Limosa haemastica. The position of the Long-billed Plover is certainly not correct either, and undoubtedly due to the use of the mitogenome KY419888, which is a Kentish Plover; at least a recent barcode, MT602072, makes Long-billed sister to Little Ringed. The position of Oriental Plover, away from Caspian, is something I cannot believe either...
Back down to Earth with a bang!
Thanks Laurent👍

Can anyone give their opinion on the relationship within Vanellus ? I reduced the number of genera to 8 (previously as many genera as there are species)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back