• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guess the bird- (4 Viewers)

Hi Alexander, in the meantime could we pin this one down just a little bit more? Sorry I know its a horrible photo. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG-4084.jpg
    IMG-4084.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 20
Hello again,
You know I trust observers opinion much more than a single picture.
So if you could rule out a Black headed Gull, than I am confident it wasn't one.
Than my guess would be some other larger Gull, maybe immature Herring or Lesser black backed Gull, with what appears quite uniform dark (brownish) underwing.

Hello again,
You know I trust observers opinion much more than a single picture.
So if you could rule out a Black headed Gull, than I am confident it wasn't one.
Than my guess would be some other larger Gull, maybe immature Herring or Lesser black backed Gull, with what appears quite uniform dark (brownish) underwing.
I think I will guess lesser black-backed. Thanks for your advice! I won't record it though, the photo is too bad for anyone to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back