• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Gull ID query (1 Viewer)

K B Srinivas

Hello All,
I saw this Gull at Bolivar Flats Sanctuary in Texas on 4/24/22. There was a Iceland Gull reported here. Can someone please help with the Gull ID here?

DSC_5022_copy.jpg

And also is the below one a Franklin's Gull?

DSC_5166_copy.jpg

Thanks,
Srinivas.

Last edited:

Ev4dawin

Always finding a way to go off topic...
United Kingdom
I think you are correct in your first ID, but I’m unsure about the second as there are some other gull sp that can look quite similar. Other more experienced people can help as well.

lou salomon

the birdonist
agree on Laughing Gull forthe second and I strongly doubt the first is an Iceland Gull (should be Thayer's in that case) since it has replaced some scaps and coverts. might be a strongly bleached American Herring Gull but not really identifiable from this pic.

K B Srinivas

Thank you all for helping with the ID. From ebird there were reports of Iceland Gull from the area. Hence thought this could be a Iceland gull.

Users who are viewing this thread