• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gull watching sites (1 Viewer)

James111

United Kingdom
Hi all, does anyone know any good places to watch gulls during the day (i.e. not a roost) near(ish) to York?

I've only recently developed a specific interest in them but no idea where to find any in any numbers! :)

I was assuming that I'd just go to Rufforth tip, and then discovered that it closed a couple of years ago...

Thanks a lot,
James

i too would like a answer to this

i enjoy redcar tarn near keighley which is pretty easy as the tarn is small and the best place to view is the car park and the fields can be full of gulls

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 17.28.55.jpg

also ravensthorpe can be good for gulls with good views

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 17.30.43.jpg

i enjoy redcar tarn the most as the gulls can be very close down to a few meters if you bring food

have a look at my gallery for gulls seen here......since october ive seen or found 3 caspian 1 yellow legged 2 hybrids casp x herring 4 ringed black headed gulls all from northern europe and a lbbgull ringed in bowland and spent time in spain

yellow legged gull 3rd cycle

_I0A1553.jpg

caspian gull 3rd cycle

_I0A3556.jpg

Thanks a lot for that, I appreciate the response! Those places look really good. Obviously anything closer to York would be great but I'll probably give those a go at some point if not.

Yeah I'd really like to find my own Caspain / yellow-legged etc..

Nice finds and photos!

no problems if you find a site near york let me know as my parents are moving to selby

dont hesitate to send me a message if you need any help

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back