• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hares at Dublin Airport (1 Viewer)

prhodes

May be of interest to a few, but if your queuing for your Ryanair flight at Dublin, the 'Irish' Hares do help to pass the time.

I think they are actually Mountain Hares? so perhaps the easiest place to see of this species.

Apologies for the poor pictures but I only had an old compact camera.

Attachments

• Irish Hare.jpg
    Irish Hare.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 375
  • Hare and plane.jpg
    Hare and plane.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 415
  • Hare and plane1.jpg
    Hare and plane1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
May be of interest to a few, but if your queuing for your Ryanair flight at Dublin, the 'Irish' Hares do help to pass the time.

I think they are actually Mountain Hares? so perhaps the easiest place to see of this species.

Apologies for the poor pictures but I only had an old compact camera.

Yes, Mountain Hares of the subspecies hibernicus, I think.

They certainly help pass the time whilst waiting for a flight.

Thanks London Birder. They were wandering all over the place, not really showing much concern for the 'jet wash' of the planes even. Fun to watch.

Thanks again, Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back