• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Has anybody tried the Starscope Monocular? I want to know if it is REALLY better than a $3000 telescope. (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

Supporter

EXPOSE YOUR EYES TO NEW HIGHER-RESOLUTION IMAGERY…

“CARRYING AN ULTRA-COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT MONOCULAR TELESCOPE WILL GIVE YOU THE POWER OF A $4,000 DSLR IN YOUR POCKET”

Starscope Monocular is being released in limited quantities. I’d advise you to grab yours before the super-low introductory price is raised!

MONOCULAR TELESCOPE RELEASED. BETTER THAN TOP-SELLING TELESCOPES FOR ONLY A FRACTION OF THE COST!

61sYR9r372L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm always amazed that these types of advertising claims work. But as is said, "The mother of fools is always pregnant."

Yes. Curious if anybody was brave enough or foolish to try it.

Hm... a 12x non-stabilized monocular... no aperture, size or weight given... thanks, but no, thanks..
I'll save the 50 or 80 bucks they charge towards a used CZJ Turmon or the later Docter or Noblex models. That is really small, can actually be hand held, offers a good view (and is also being used by the Queen of England - for the crowd that is attracted by sensational advertising)...

Joachim

Hm... a 12x non-stabilized monocular... no aperture, size or weight given... thanks, but no, thanks..
I'll save the 50 or 80 bucks they charge towards a used CZJ Turmon or the later Docter or Noblex models. That is really small, can actually be hand held, offers a good view (and is also being used by the Queen of England - for the crowd that is attracted by sensational advertising)...

Joachim

According to their website, it has a 50mm objective. What is "more impressive" is the 293m field of view at 1000m. At 12X this would be an apparent field of view of an incredible 196°. And, all of this while still maintaining 20mm of eye relief. The specs are different on their website compared to Amazon too, and none of them make any sense.

I just "won" an additional $10 off my next purchase at their website. This would bring the price for their 5 unit bundle down to $157.97, just $31.60 each. Still not worth it.

Hi,

thanks for the link to a page with data, which I didn't find... although reading them, not sure if that is a good thing... apart from your findings there is also 50mm aperture, 12x magnification and 3mm exit pupil... choose any two...

Joachim, who still passes...

Hi,

thanks for the link to a page with data, which I didn't find... although reading them, not sure if that is a good thing... apart from your findings there is also 50mm aperture, 12x magnification and 3mm exit pupil... choose any two...

Joachim, who still passes...

I saw the 3mm exit pupil too. Notice that it is wider than it is tall, despite the focuser being on top. I wonder if the 44mm and 50mm dimensions are reversed. I can see it being a 12 x 36. Then the 44mm width would make more sense, as would the 3mm exit pupil. Either way I am not going to buy one, even though I am very curious to see just how bad they actually are.

img-2.png

You're all overlooking the built-in compass. Even our Swaros and Leicas don't have that.
(Hmm, the photo in post #12 which has different armor seems to lack one? Never mind, bait and switch...)

"Either way I am not going to buy one, even though I am very curious to see just how bad they actually are."

Oh, c'mon and buy one! Be the Guinea Pig and then write a review on it and tell the rest of us if it is any good. You can always return it!

"Either way I am not going to buy one, even though I am very curious to see just how bad they actually are."

Oh, c'mon and buy one! Be the Guinea Pig and then write a review on it and tell the rest of us if it is any good. You can always return it!

I just had another ad for this on YouTube. The technology was developed at Joe Hopkins University. How could you go wrong?

EXPOSE YOUR EYES TO NEW HIGHER-RESOLUTION IMAGERY…

“CARRYING AN ULTRA-COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT MONOCULAR TELESCOPE WILL GIVE YOU THE POWER OF A $4,000 DSLR IN YOUR POCKET”

Starscope Monocular is being released in limited quantities. I’d advise you to grab yours before the super-low introductory price is raised!

MONOCULAR TELESCOPE RELEASED. BETTER THAN TOP-SELLING TELESCOPES FOR ONLY A FRACTION OF THE COST!

View attachment 1372817
This thing is junk. At least it's NOT what the claim. Mine is called top scope. Different name but same thing. Cheap made but not Cheap price. If you can find nearly ANYTHING else...just not this one. They got me and not at all pleased. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back