• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawk Mountain (1 Viewer)

MikeInPA

Fuck Trump
United States
It's awful weather today so I've been sifting through old photographs and came across some from 2015 of the Hawk Mountain North Lookout and I thought people might like to see it. Even though it's only an hour away from where I live I rarely go there as I have a much closer Hawkwatch nearby and what birds Hawk Mountain gets we tend to get a little later in the day.
For anybody wanting to visit Hawk Mountain post Covid be warned, getting to the North Lookout is not that easy:rolleyes:

Hawk Mountain 1.jpg

Beautiful photo Mike!

As far as I know, the trails are the same and masks are enforced only when distancing cannot be maintained. I've been up several times since this began, and it hasn't been too much different than normal.

Beautiful photo Mike!

As far as I know, the trails are the same and masks are enforced only when distancing cannot be maintained. I've been up several times since this began, and it hasn't been too much different than normal.
I’m close to 2nd Mountain and as you just drive up its a lot easier than the hike up to the North Lookout on Hawk Mountain. :)

Hi Mike. FYI, I do my hawk watching at Bake Oven Knob. Never really liked Hawk Mountain. Too crowded.
Hawk Mountain can be crowded and sitting on those damn rocks is a pain in the ass. That last 45 degree section of the climb up there is a killer. The thing I like about 2nd Mountain is you can just drive up to a clear area on top of the ridge and look to the North or South and the migrating hawks can be either side of the ridge depending on wind direction.

2nd Mountain

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back