• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke Endurance 8x32- Adhesive inside eye cups? (1 Viewer)

tingjunkie

a.k.a. Richard Cissel
I haven’t purchased enough new binoculars to be an expert, but I’m guessing this isn’t supposed to happen…

New Endurance ED 8x32 from B&H. In either the up or down position, the rubber eye cups turn freely, and there is this rubber cement type adhesive detaching and peeling off.

Cause for return, correct? Thanks for the advice! 45F193ED-4190-4EC5-A156-B46EA189E370.jpeg43C46D38-2A9F-4220-815C-222ED5748663.jpeg

Return them and get a different binocular, it is likely they have a bad batch. If you want the same binocular, get it from somewhere else. I just buy accessories from them anymore, no glass.

Return them and get a different binocular, it is likely they have a bad batch. If you want the same binocular, get it from somewhere else. I just buy accessories from them anymore, no glass.
Thanks. I actually ordered the Vortex Diamondback HD 8x32 to try as well, and they arrived today. Turns out I like their performance better when I compared them in the field, so the Hawkes are going back to B&H.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back