• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Healdsburg, Sonoma Co. California 7-26-2020 (1 Viewer)

I am not sure if this bird is a Wrentit or a Bushtit. It has a light eye. There was only one or two of these birds in the brush eating the seedheads.

Attachments

• 2020-07-26 Wrentit - Healdsburg CA BT2A1311-1.jpg
    2020-07-26 Wrentit - Healdsburg CA BT2A1311-1.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 52
I think Bushtit. Head feathers are molting, making the bill look bigger. Wrentit has a longer tail, more brownish tones, and it would be quite unusual to pose vertically like this - they almost always are horizontal in posture and have their tail cocked up.
Andy

Thanks everyone. I looked through all the pictures I took of this bird and it never raised it's tail. I think it is the bushtit. That was very helpful. I have corrected my ebird list. :)

I appreciate your help. Diane

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back