• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Heard this yesterday evening. Can't identify it app said it's a robin but it's way too loud (1 Viewer)

Hi Tim and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I've moved your post to the ID forum, as I think it's better placed there and will more likely be noticed by the people who can help.

It would assist them if you could give some idea as to where the recording was made and the type of habitat round about. It doesn't sound like any Robin call that I've heard LOL

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you! (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Have to say that, if it is a Robin (and I guess it is) then it's an unusual time of year to hear one singing. Most Robins are moulting (when they don't want to draw attention) now.

Have to say that, if it is a Robin (and I guess it is) then it's an unusual time of year to hear one singing. Most Robins are moulting (when they don't want to draw attention) now.
I've heard Robins singing for the last few days.

Agree, Long-eared Owl juvenile.

The first three round where I live started singing pretty loudly two days ago, which is earlier than usual since I would expect the moult to go on for at least another week.
MJB

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back