• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello and audio recordings (1 Viewer)

JoeV

United Kingdom
Hello there,

I've just joined! My name is Joe and I don't really know much about birds but do want to learn about them as I love nature but feel ignorant about so much of it.

The other day I was out walking and decided to record a bird (audio only). I'm hoping to share it and get help identifying which species it is. Is that possible on birdforum and if so, what is the best way to share audio recordings?

All the best!

Edit: Actually, I may have worked out how to do it! If it has worked, I think that it's a Great Tit for most of the recording, but there are definitely others and one in particular at the end of the recording that I'd love to know what they are. Thanks in anticipation.
View attachment Great Tit.wav

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Well done on sharing your recording. Sorry I can't help with the ID.

Hi Joe and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I do hear mostly Great Tit there but I've moved your post to the ID forum so the experts in there can explain more. It would help them if you could let them know where you took the recording and what the habitat was.

Great Tits have a wide range of calls which can be quite confusing. You can hear another one in our Opus article.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hello all,

Thanks so much for your warm welcome!

Thanks Delia for moving my post to the ID forum and for the link to the Opus article. I’m going to read it now.

The location was in Kent, in the North Downs (a few miles outside of Canterbury) and in sparse woodland. It was recorded a few days ago, so late February.

Many thanks,
Joe

Welcome to Birdforum from me too Joe. I can't help with sounds, but there are plenty folk here that can!

Nuthatch at 55 seconds (the loud call) with a goldcrest calling at the same time. There’s also a robin in there too.
Nice recording, welcome to BF :cool:

Nuthatch at 55 seconds (the loud call) with a goldcrest calling at the same time. There’s also a robin in there too.
Nice recording, welcome to BF :cool:
Thanks so much Torchepot! I’ve just listened to it again and compared to other online recordings of the Nuthatch. Thanks for the ID.

I’ve done the same with Goldcrest and Robin too and think I can just about hear them.

Don’t know how you can differentiate between them all so well. Really impressive!

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back