• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello and some advice on Zeiss Gavia vs Swarovski ATS (1 Viewer)

ficustours

India
Dear all

Brand new member here, although I have been following the forum as an outsider for a while now. Jumping right in with a request for much needed equipment advice please:

I am considering the Zeiss Conquest Gavia vs Swarovski ATS 20x60 65 or 80 and am wondering if it is worth considering paying the extra price for the ATS 80 or settle for ATS 65 despite the lower, absolute light gathering ability compared to the Gavia? The ATS 65 costs about the same as the Gavia here in India, so the conundrum is especially heightened. While this wont be the primary use for the scope, I will, at times, use the set-up approaching dusk, to look at distant waders and waterfowl, where contrast, brightness and sharpness/resolution, at higher magnifications, will be much valued, I would assume.

Thanks
Ravi
ficustours.blogspot.com

Last edited:

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

On the link below, is a link to all the bins for you to read about

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Ravi and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread