• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello and Thanks for Welcoming Me to the Forum (1 Viewer)

Equipaje

United States
I'm a mediocre birder looking to get better. I live along the west coast of Michigan, not the liveliest areas of birding, but we do get some fun birds to show up occasionally. I participate in both the spring migratory bird count in our area and the Christmas bird count. I have Eagle Optics binos and a fairly cheap Alpen scope that I'm moderately happy with....should have spent the money on a better scope, but it lets me decide between lesser/greater scaups and tundra/trumpeter swans in very good conditions. Overcast and I'm screwed. I'd have to review my notes, but I'm probably in the 275 - 300 life list range, due to me being a recent chronicler. White winged crossbills were the latest addition. I so wish I would have recorded the birds from Costa Rica and El Salvador that I viewed. And Spain. And, well, you get it. Late joiner.

I look forward to the conversations and knowledge from the group. I'm going to post in the photography section next since I have questions but don't want to bog down this portion of the forum.

Talk to you soon!

Equipaje

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Hey, after more than 20 years into birding, I'm still learning ;)

Thanks, KC. Continuous learning is why I like this activity, so much. That and the beauty and fascinating nature of birds. We'll talk soon. Thanks for the welcome!

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi Equipaje and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back