• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello Bird Forum, I have just Registered, I am very interested in caring for wildlife. I have an extremely untidy wild gardenm with too many Trees. (1 Viewer)

(Sorry that keeps happening for some reason.)
I eventually decide to purchase a small camera recording system called "Zosi", I left it very late only getting the Camera working on the 9th of June but me not knowing anything did not set the camera up properly until 10th and I was recording with the motion detector set, this caused picture distortion as the wind blew in the trees, I also had it set on 980 instead of 1080. I am sure the adult birds were still feeding chicks on the 10th. although I have not had time to sit and watch the recordings yet, when I do I am hoping I have filmed the two remaining chicks fledge. I might go up the tree soon and have a look in the box, it needs fastening up properly anyway so it will wave to be repositined, I think as it is currently just jammed into branches and tied with string as I was panicking trying to get it back up before it went dark..

Yes you are right, I like my Jackdaws, but I worry that there arte not enough boxes for them all now. There used to be alot nesting in the Church Belfry too yards away, but the new man (ex Farmer) has blocked up the slots, pity really they have been nesting in there for hundreds of years, there are lots of small slots all the way around the Belfry where they went in, you could commonly see maybe 10 or 12 Jackdaws flying in and out but now ther are none. So I think some of them may have come to my garden but I only have 9 Jackdaw boxes up and all were occupied, two of them were supposed to be for the Tawny Owls and were much bigger but the Jackdaws moved in anyway.

When I have some news about the dissaster box I will send a meesage and may be find out how to upload a video from my Vosi recorder.

Trevor

Hi Delia,
I am hopeless at this, When I was going to reply/send a message I could not find the thread, I think I clicked on an envelope icon somewhere and sent you a message. After that all the messages were coming to my Email Account instead of the Forum. I have about 8 messages in my email inbox that are not on the Forum.

Today I recieved an email from "RT" who was interested in my Jackdaw's so instead of writing a reply on email I logged onto the Forum and found the thread by cutting and pasting part of the email Message from "RT" into the "Search" box.

Trevor

BTW, you can never have too many trees in my thoughts.
I found this post refreshing and agree - one can never have too many trees! It was interesting to read not only about the nesting box falling and the observations that followed, but also (to read) about the injured blackbird and the RX for mending a broken beak. Life is great when people help people - and when people help birds!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back