• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello everyone! (1 Viewer)

Vanesar

Sweden
While I do enjoy seeing all types of wildlife, I am not actually much of a birdwatcher. I have joined because I would like some help to identify a dead bird which somehow ended up on my balcony while I was away on vacation. I found it very curious and I've been wondering to myself if someone could have placed it there, or if it ended up like that naturally. While I was ruminating on those things, I figured I may as well learn what I can in the meantime! Does anybody know what type of bird this may be? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20210704_140138.jpg
    IMG_20210704_140138.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 52
Hi Vanesar and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Sorry, I'm really not sure what that is, so I've moved your post to the ID forum who are much better placed to help you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hello,
welcome to birdforum from me, too!
Regarding identification: knowing the location would be helpful. At first, I assumed you have taken it somewhere in Sweden. But the bird looked somehow strange to me. There are several points slightly strange for the closest match in european birds, a Song Trush (or a Mistle Thrush? Or even a Fieldfare???) imo. It might well be one, but I hope it has become clear, while I hesitate to answer here.

Do you have more pictures of this poor thing, showing head and/or upperparts? Was there a window nearby. It looks possible like one of those poor victims that crashed into a window. Thats just a guess, it seems like one of those birds to me, that have died without an obvious reason.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Can’t help with an ID, sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back