• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from a new bird enthusiast (1 Viewer)

louise S

Sweden
Hello,

I joined the other day just to ask one question, but after a bit of time on this site I've learnt loads about birding that it's been difficult to find elsewhere. Given that I've asked a couple of questions now, I figured it was time to make an introduction post.

I've had a passing interest in birds for a couple of years, but only recently decided to keep notes of what I see and learn to ID them properly. Since making that decision, I've found that I've really noticed the birds around me a lot more. From a combination of this and lockdown, I've now become completely obsessed! I live in Sweden but spend a lot of time in the UK, so it will be interesting to see the similarities and differences between the birds I come across in both places.

I've only posted questions so far, but the responses have been incredibly helpful, so thank you - there's clearly a lot of expertise here! I hope I can learn enough to be able to help people out with their questions as well in the future.

Hi Louise and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Louise

It’s so good to hear that you have had a good response on the ID forums - as someone that enjoys helping others, it really good to get feedback like this from new members. Do keep posting your ID questions, even if you think it may be something obvious, and before long, I am sure people will be looking to you for advice!

A really warm welcome to you! πŸ™‚

Welcome to Birdforum! It's good to know that you have found a lot to interest you here, and I hope you continue to enjoy your visits.

Hi there Louise and a warm welcome to you (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Louise

It’s so good to hear that you have had a good response on the ID forums - as someone that enjoys helping others, it really good to get feedback like this from new members. Do keep posting your ID questions, even if you think it may be something obvious, and before long, I am sure people will be looking to you for advice!

A really warm welcome to you! πŸ™‚
It's very much appreciated :) It's hard to know where to look when I can't ID something myself with guides etc, but figuring out the hard ones is the best way to learn. I'm impressed with how many people jump in and how quickly, so thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back