• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello From Arizona (1 Viewer)

carlLBJ

Hello

I've lived in Arizona most my life, started birding seven years ago and got familiar with most of the sonoran desert regulars such as Cactus Wren, Curve-billed Thrasher, Gila Woodpecker, Phainopepla and many others.

The 100+ degree weather Arizona gets in the summer can cause my birding to slow down at times.|:(|

Anyway you have another birder saying thank you for providing birdforum for birders.:t:

Hi Carl and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We’re glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Carl and a warm welcome from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to hearing all your news.

D

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hello Carl, from Southeastern AZ. I was up in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago, and managed a couple of hours at Gilbert Water Ranch - great place.

Hi

Allot of the birds I've seen in Arizona were at the Gilbert Water Ranch, including a Streak-backed Oriole, a rare sight indeed.

Also another great place to bird (that is fairly close to Phoenix) is the Boyce Thompson Arboretum which is east of Phoenix on hwy 60 about 40 miles.

Anyway thank you all for this warm welcome.|=)|

transplanted Arizonan

Hello

I've lived in Arizona most my life, started birding seven years ago and got familiar with most of the sonoran desert regulars such as Cactus Wren, Curve-billed Thrasher, Gila Woodpecker, Phainopepla and many others.

The 100+ degree weather Arizona gets in the summer can cause my birding to slow down at times.|:(|

Anyway you have another birder saying thank you for providing birdforum for birders.:t:

Hello Carl,

I was born in Phoenix in 1945 and lived there until 1989, when I permamently moved to San Diego. I started birding as a youngster, and you would not believe the great number of species I attracted to our yard with my feeders and water in the old days. I understand there is much more bird-consciousness now than there was when I was there. That is good.
San Diego is a great place to watch birds.
Best of everyting to my avian fellows in Arizona.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back