• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello from Blackpool, Lancashire, UK. (1 Viewer)

Jmakepeace

Supporter
United Kingdom
Evening all.

Been an enthusiastic amateur birdwatcher for nearly 40 years and have just joined my local club.

They have pointed me in the direction of this forum and I look forward to reading your posts and threads and maybe even contributing.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Stay safe.

Joe

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful site.

Jmakepeace

Supporter
United Kingdom
Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful site.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to having a look around the site. Particularly interested in photography tips and reviews on binoculars if you can point me in the right direction. Have a good evening. Joe

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Thanks Rich.

If you were to suggest your favourite thread / forum what would it be?

Have a good evening.

Joe
Hi Joe. I live the trip reports personally. Good to pick up some ideas. Also the ID threads. Great place to pick up tips and develop your own ID skills. We have some very knowledgeable members.

Rich

Jmakepeace

Supporter
United Kingdom
Hi Joe. I live the trip reports personally. Good to pick up some ideas. Also the ID threads. Great place to pick up tips and develop your own ID skills. We have some very knowledgeable members.

Rich
Thanks for the reply. I've already had a look in some of the ID Threads and I'll have a look for some of the Trip reports. Thanks again. Joe

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Jmakepeace

Supporter
United Kingdom
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.
Thank you - looking forward to finding out lots and improving my knowledge and hopefully posting some interesting stuff.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Joe and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about (especially if you ever get up to Leighton Moss... it's ages since I've managed to get there!)

Jmakepeace

Supporter
United Kingdom
Hi Joe and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about (especially if you ever get up to Leighton Moss... it's ages since I've managed to get there!)
Good evening Delia and thanks for the warm welcome.

My local bird club has 30+ Sites but Leighton Moss is certainly on my list for this winter - Never been before.

Happy birding!

Joe

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Good evening Delia and thanks for the warm welcome.

My local bird club has 30+ Sites but Leighton Moss is certainly on my list for this winter - Never been before.

Happy birding!

Joe
Ooooh!! They put grit feeders out for the Bearded Tits in the winter - gives you great views of them. Enjoy!

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Indeed they are. Good luck hope you get them.

peterow

Hi Joe, I have spent many great birding days out in the Blackpool and Fylde area over the years, and I wish you a warm welcome to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread