• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello from Blackpool, Lancashire, UK. (1 Viewer)

Jmakepeace

Supporter
United Kingdom
Hi Joe, I have spent many great birding days out in the Blackpool and Fylde area over the years, and I wish you a warm welcome to the forum.
Hi Pete and thanks for the warm welcome. I spent today around Heron' Reach Golf course and Martin Mere and saw my first (two) Bitterns, my first Snipe and my first Goldcrest. Not a bad day 😁

Are you still in the area?

Have a good weekend.

Joe

peterow

Hi Joe. I don't live in the area but I do like to visit the Fylde. Did you mean Marton Mere, its a brilliant place for warblers in the summer as is Lawsons Wetland next door. Stanley Park is another great place for Summer birds.

Jmakepeace

Supporter
United Kingdom
Hi Joe. I don't live in the area but I do like to visit the Fylde. Did you mean Marton Mere, its a brilliant place for warblers in the summer as is Lawsons Wetland next door. Stanley Park is another great place for Summer birds.
That was an auto-correct type - I've lived in Marton for forty years ;-)

All these areas have been my 'playground' all of my life but only as an occasional birder.

However, just to prove what you can see when you take more time and show more patience, yesterday I saw my first Goldcrest, Snipe and two Bitterns either at Morton Mere or on the adjacent Golf course.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Joe

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Welcome aboard from across the Pond and please join in wherever you like ;)

Users who are viewing this thread