• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Brazil (1 Viewer)

I just signed up so that I could contribute to the Wiki as I have on several other wikis. The page http://www.birdforum.net/opus/Chapada_dos_Guimaraes states that This article is incomplete.
"This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it." When you follow the link it states: "This page has been locked to prevent editing.
You can view and copy the source of this page:" you can't edit pages in this wiki?

Hi pantanalexpeditons and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

There are a few restrictions placed on new members, which you can read more about here, I'm afraid editing Opus is one of them.... wait a few days and get 10 posts on and the restrictions will all be lifted. It's such a shame that we had to take this action a few years ago.

The time will soon pass, I'm sure.

In the meantime, if there's something you wish to add to the article, I'd be pleased to do so if you let me have the text.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you :t:

Because of some members using Opus to promote their businesses and other sections of the Forum, we had to put certain restrictions in place for new members. Once you've been a member for awhile and have some posts to your name the restrictions will go away ;)

Hi,
And thanks for the quick reply. I understand that forums can get a lot of spam. I am actually working on some material for another site as well as another wiki about Chapada dos Guimarães and 5 days gives me plenty of time to refine my thoughts. Rather than sending you some info now I will keep revising the material for a few days.

Best,
Douglas

Thanks very much Douglas, your contributions will be most welcome.

Equipment Review Posts

Hi Lisa,
Thanks,
Next question: does a moderator also need to approve photos for equimpent reviews? I posted a review for the Celestron Regal M2 16-48x65 ED Angled Spotting Scope (compact) I can see that I uploaded the photo when in displays my post but in the place where the image should be it displays a "no image image" 3:)

Thanks for pointing this out to us, Douglas. There seems to be a problem with uploading photos to the reviews page. We are going to have our wizards take a look.

I've had a look and changed a few settings and re-processed the thumbnails for the latest reviews - hopefully this should solve the issue. Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Ollie

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back