• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Caithness (1 Viewer)

rin

Hi there

I have been off the birding scene for some considerable time due to relocation with work but am back in cold Caithness.

I had my first few hours birding on 29th that I've managed in nearly 18 months. What a buzz, I forgot how exciting it was.

Needless to say been to same area every day since to check the goose numbers. Not disappointed, saw an awesome 2000+ Greylag flock interspersed with pink feet.

Couldn't see a thing from the road as the geese were landing behind a slate wall but someone with local knowledge told me about a farm road which I duly sneaked up for a look. Another Caithness birder nipped up in front and confirmed that what we were told was right, good views of the birds but not great light due to weather. Never the less awesome for a returning birder.

Hope to update when I get out and about.

Whats been happening in my absense?

The site certainly seems to have changed, ashamed I haven't had the time to browse but hey, I am here now. Loving catching up.

Happy new year
Catherine

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back