• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Co Sligo (1 Viewer)

Maybe

Ireland
Hi - I'm very much a beginner having arrived at bird-watching through an interest in amateur photography. I started with wild flowers, moved on to insects and moths, and ended up focused on birds. I guess I'm slowing moving up the food chain. I'm very interested in bird behaviour, not so much in keeping lists or counting species, although I do both a little halfheartedly. My home here in Co Sligo is within reach of a variety of habitats - coastal areas, bog and moorland, wet pasture, wetlands, woodlands and agricultural grassland. I'm currently 'rewilding' my own two acres which again has a mix of habitats, mostly wet pasture, woodland and hedgerows. I see warblers, pipits, blackcaps, corvids, wrens, goldcrests, finches and garden birds around my land, along with snipe, woodcock, fieldfares etc. I occasionally hear skylarks and curlew on the bog road and grasshopper warblers in my field; I have visiting herons, and Whooper Swans flying over. Oh, and I'm the sister of fellow member McHeath, who introduced me to the forum 😄

Last edited:
Hi there Maybe and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Maybe and a warm welcome from me too.

It sounds like you have a wonderful place and are developing it very nicely for the wildlife too. Well done.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi Maybe and a warm welcome from me too.

It sounds like you have a wonderful place and are developing it very nicely for the wildlife too. Well done.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
Thanks Delia 🙂

Hi, Maybe. Welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi sis, and welcome! :) Great to see you here, I love this place and am finding it an extremely informative, inspiring and friendly place. Have fun! :)

Hi sis, and welcome! :) Great to see you here, I love this place and am finding it an extremely informative, inspiring and friendly place. Have fun! :)
Hey, bro 🙂 Thanks for the recommendation! Looks great - there are some impressively knowledgeable people on here, and what a lovely, friendly forum 😀 Good to be here.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back