• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello from Crosby, N. Liverpool (1 Viewer)

IMP59

Hello everyone. I’ve only just joined and have already found this site a source of very useful information.

I’m a recently-retired 60-year old and would describe myself as a hobby, rather than an avid, birder. I look forward to learning more and swapping notes with other birders.

Ian

Last edited:

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Ian and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news, you've some great birding places on your doorstep I think.

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
LOL Ian... it happens to us all. Just click on Edit beneath your post and you can change it.

You're allowed to do that up to 24 hours, after which a Moderator can edit your post for you.

IMP59

Thanks for the warm welcome Delia. Yes, there’s a wide variety of habitats nearby.

Seeing some bird feeders festooned with songbirds in Formby (just to the north) prompted me to take more of an interest in the subject about 10 years ago. Seeing buzzards and other species whilst out cycling in the local countryside was another inducement.

Siting a couple of feeders (filled with sunflower hearts) in my back garden soon attracted numerous goldfinches, as well as blue, coal and great tits. There must be a healthy local bird population judging by the occasional sighting of a sparrowhawk or the remains of its last meal on the lawn.

Sorry if I’ve been rabbiting on. Feel free to move this post if necessary while I get to grips with the site layout and any protocols.

Last edited:

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
You're welcome Ian. Please don't be afraid to ask if you need any assistance finding your way about; this is a large site, but it gets easier each time you visit.

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there Ian and a warm welcome to you from across the pond ;)

Please join in wherever you like.

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Ian, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum. And don’t worry about not being an “avid” birder, a lot on the forum aren’t.

Users who are viewing this thread