• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Essex (1 Viewer)

Jolly

United Kingdom
I am pleased to find this forum for several reasons. First, I am new to this activity and the forum represents a huge base of knowledge. So far I have a modest pair of binoculars (8x42) and a notebook. I am very lucky because I live near the Essex Wildlife trust sites on the Colne and at Abberton, plus the Stour at Manningtree is within striking distance. There is another thread in this forum which interests me, which is sound recording. I've acquired a recorder and would like to make little sound essays of what I see. Of course it's only when you come to do it you realise how much is involved. The editing software is a nightmare! Recording sound has taught me the things I enjoy (running water, footsteps, bird calls) and the things I detest - principally the internal combustion engine. I have access to a smallholding with a variety of animals on it and I'm going to see if I can't record the sounds of visiting birds - that's if I can distinguish them from the geese, chickens and pigs. Thanks for reading.

Hi Jolly and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, Jolly. Welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you. (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back