• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Fairbanks, Alaska (1 Viewer)

I signed up in this forum back in February and I'm sorry to say this is the first time I've been back. What a great forum. Looking forward to posting some pictures of the spring migrants that are starting to arrive in Interior Alaska. Spotted a Snow Bunting the other day and the Canada Geese are 90 miles south of town. They should be here next week.

Welcome to BF neighbour. Glad that you came back. You will find this site the best in the west, oops, I mean world. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Our Canada's are about 120 miles south of here and probably won't show until we get a little open water. The pelicans hopefully won't be too far behind, they usually arrive in South Sask. during this week.

Hey Kevin glad to see another Alaskan here. We have seen but a scant few geese or cranes but any day now. I did see a pair of Dark Eye Juncos a couple weeks ago.
The lack of Redpolls this year has been a bummer. Last year at this time I was using 30 pounds of thistle a week. I have seen a grand total of 4 this winter. We had a very few Pine Siskins stay the winter a pair of Downys and Hairy. Been a long winter for this bird watcher. Come on Migrants.
Doug

KJ, I think I recognize you from the Gardenweb forum, don't I?

Let me welcome you here -- it's a great fun place!!

Perhaps we could entice you and Doug to join in on the Great Global Bird Count we've got planned for the first weekend in May. It'd be just great to have a report from Alaska!!

Details are in the Member's Notice Board forum.

Glad to have you aboard!!

Kevin

On behalf of all the Moderators and Administrators let me welcome back to Bird Forum! As you see, it has changed quite a bit since you were last with us. We hope you like all the new features, and we look forward to seeing your postings from Alaska.

Hello Kevin,

Another Welcome to BF from the UK - and to you also Doug as I don't think our paths have crossed before.

Like Beverlybaynes says - please both join in our GGBC.

I would be great to have input from "the Largest State in the Union".

As Peter has said, it's good to have you back. The forum has changed out of all recognition since you were last on and I hope you like the changes. As usual everone is still as friendly as ever. The forum has also become more user friendly and I think you will agree that the gallery is nothing short of superb.

I hope you do join in the Bird Race at the beginning of May as your sightings would be a good aquisition to the final total.

Welcome back and enjoy.

Thank you all for the welcome notes.

Yes Bev, I post on the Gardenweb under KJPurcell, I recognized several other names here in the galleries.

We had six Canada Geese arrive yesterday at Creamer's Field Migratory wildlife Refuge here in Fairbanks. Earlier than expected, but the first of many to arrive.

Mnay welcomes Kevin and hope you enjoy yourself here wiht all the pictures and stories that get posted here. Do post some of yours as we love seeing and hearing from all four corners of the world.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back