• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Florida, what kind of bird is this? (1 Viewer)

KP22

United States
Hello all, I'm new here. I live in Central FL and found a nest with eggs in my hanging pot. Could this be a wren nest? Has been about 3 was since the first egg. When can I expect to see the chicks hatch and fledge?

Attachments

• 20210621_154747.jpg
    20210621_154747.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210611_090952.mp4
    5.1 MB
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

It does appear to be a Wren in the first pic and please be advised that we don't allow nest images in your future postings ;) Also please be aware that humans going near a nest can cause the parent to abandon the nest. Just some info for you KP!

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

It does appear to be a Wren in the first pic and please be advised that we don't allow nest images in your future postings ;) Also please be aware that humans going near a nest can cause the parent to abandon the nest. Just some info for you KP!
Thanks so much for the helpful info, I had no idea...I'll leave them alone šŸ™‚. And thank you for the policy on nest images, also didn't know so my apologies.

Hello all, I'm new here. I live in Central FL and found a nest with eggs in my hanging pot. Could this be a wren nest? Has been about 3 was since the first egg. When can I expect to see the chicks hatch and fledge?
Looks like Carolina wren

Hi KP and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back