• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from London (1 Viewer)

coal

United Kingdom
New to the forum. Hello to everyone.
I have recently taken more interest in wild birds, more time at home and in the garden has allowed me to take pleasure watching the birds. At first I had a pair of blackbirds, a pair of pigeons, a robin and a great tit visiting my garden. I bought a seed feeder the great tit loved it, now house sparrows regularly visit the seed feeder as well. I bought 2 suet ball feeders, I added a stick in the bottom of each of the suet feeders to make a perch, the coal tits, long tailed tits and other birds enjoy these including a robin who sits on the perch and eats away as well as cleaning up the floor underneath, the pigeons also clean up the floor. The feeders have attracted a squirrel but I have not actually seen the squirrel on the feeders. Today a lovely site a adult coal tit came with a baby and was eating from the suet feeder then flew to feed the baby repeatedly, the baby sat on the shed roof and at one point on the washing line while being fed, the baby did fly around as if trying to get on the feeder but has not worked it out yet. I am not close enough to the feeders to get a good photo so sadly I cannot share this wonderful image. I was surprised that a robin uses the feeder but one does but the robin also goes on the ground under the feeder picking up the bits off the floor. We have a nest in a hedge in the garden we are not sure as we do not want to disturb the nest but we think it might be a dunnock nest, we have a pair of dunnocks who regularly visit the garden in amongst the bushes. At one point a magpie was taking chunks out of the suet feeders but have not seen the magpie for a while.

Hi Coal and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Thank you for the new welcomes. Lovely to be here. I am a novice only learning more about birds, I have a lot to learn.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back