• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from NE Scotland (1 Viewer)

burnie

Hi all, a keen interest in wildlife all my life, fortunate to be in a great part of the country for bird watching.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi burnie and a warm welcome from me too.

All things Scottish can be found here. Also, keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi burnie, welcome to the forum. I’m sure you will enjoy the time here.

I'll look forward to seeing them Burnie, either in the Gallery of a thread in the Scottish forum.

Do let me know if you need any help with uploading them.

Thanks Delia, started a thread for the Montrose Basin area and will put some images in there for a start, I am waiting for a new 500mm lens to be delivered, so hope to be out weather permitting later in the week.

Welcome Burnie. :t:

Angus Is a great region.Hills,Glens,Forest,Lochs,River and Sea.
A fantastic location for birding.I shall look forward to seeing your reports and photos.

Welcome Burnie. :t:

Angus Is a great region.Hills,Glens,Forest,Lochs,River and Sea.
A fantastic location for birding.I shall look forward to seeing your reports and photos.
Thanks, I have started a thread for Montrose Basin and surrounding areas in the Scotland area page.

Thanks guys, a bit of info to give back ground to my photos and trips.
I live in Angus in NE Scotland and am only a mile from the sea, so I do a bit of sea watching
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4343/35701998724_22274eba8a_c.jpg[/img]
A rather poor quality image of a Humpback Whale breaching, taken from St. Cyrus beach in 2017.
I also have forests close by with nice woodland birds like this male Siskin
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4603/39255117475_79fd8b30cb_c.jpg[/img][/url]
There are hills with a great cross section of wildlife like this juvenile White Tailed Eagle

Also a great place for reptiles
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4734/39111699922_9306e96dcb_c.jpg[/img]

Though birds are my main interest when I'm out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back