• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello From New York City! (1 Viewer)

I am a retired NYC high school English teacher. I took up birding about 5 years ago when I accidentally signed up for a birding hike in Panama. The first bird I spotted was a quetzal! That was it for me, I was hooked. I am currently spending most of my Covid ”vacation” in New Jersey where I have a cottage by the beach.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Stellastarbooks and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from a former Staten Islander (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

sbarnhardt

Traveling man
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Glad you joined us. There are a good many fine folks here.

Curious as to where on the Jersey shore you are! I have family up there in the Ocean County, Lakewood area. They are about 30-45 minutes west of the Point Pleasant / Seaside area.

Pinewood

New York correspondent
United States
Hello Stella, if I may call you that,

I am a retired NYC school librarian. Before the pandemic, I used to enjoy Central Park and I am hoping to return to bird watching in the spring. There are certainly plenty of good bird watching sites in the City.

Stay safe,
Arthur

Glad you joined us. There are a good many fine folks here.

Curious as to where on the Jersey shore you are! I have family up there in the Ocean County, Lakewood area. They are about 30-45 minutes west of the Point Pleasant / Seaside area.
I am very close to them. I am in Bradley Beach. There is great birding here!

Hello Stella, if I may call you that,

I am a retired NYC school librarian. Before the pandemic, I used to enjoy Central Park and I am hoping to return to bird watching in the spring. There are certainly plenty of good bird watching sites in the City.

Stay safe,
Arthur
Yes, Stella is my pen name 😃
I love birding in CP, especially in the North Woods

Pinewood

New York correspondent
United States
Hello,

I live almost equidistant from Lincoln Center and from Zabar's. I rarely walked to the North Woods as the Pool was my limit.

Stay safe,
Arthur

Users who are viewing this thread