• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello from Oregon, US (1 Viewer)

eas27

United States
I am new to bird watching. I have started feeding birds and now can identify birds I see which is exciting. Now I want to photograph birds. I realize I have to be realistic about the kinds of photos I can take with my new bridge camera - Canon SX70. It’s a little overwhelming now but I hope this forum will help me in my new endeavors.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi eas and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about and will hopefully see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

I am new to bird watching. I have started feeding birds and now can identify birds I see which is exciting. Now I want to photograph birds. I realize I have to be realistic about the kinds of photos I can take with my new bridge camera - Canon SX70. It’s a little overwhelming now but I hope this forum will help me in my new endeavors.
Hi and welcome. I got my Canon SX70 in October and have been enjoying using it on my birding trips (such as they are in these lockdown days). I would be happy to share with you what I've learnt so far about how to get the best out of it. You can see some of the results at https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] some of which I'm quite pleased with, others I can see where I might have done better.

Users who are viewing this thread