• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Suffolk, UK (1 Viewer)

WilliamsLucy

Hi, I'm Lucy, I moved to Suffolk from Lincolnshire a number of years ago, and I've recently gotten more interested in birds after regularly catching myself watching the bird in my mum's front garden - I'd love to know some more tips, tricks and handy bits of info for helping out my local garden birds and your recommendations for where to go as I'm very new to it all! I have horses, so I spend a lot of time outside and I'm a keen supporter of independent businesses and charities, especially those around wildlife and animal conservation/protection. Pleased to meet you all!

Hi Lucy and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

For ideas on places to visit, you could start with looking at The Opus, our encyclopaedia. Here is a link to the articles we have in Suffolk. Just click on any of the links to read them. From there it's easy to navigate to other sites in the UK and the world too.

Enjoy!

Hi Lucy, welcome to birdforum, we hope you enjoy the site and feel free to join in where ever you fancy.
Suffolk is a great birding county.... although Lincolnshire is very good as well.

Obviously with Suffolk you have the famous RSPB Minsmere reserve (with large shop full of birding goodies), as well as a few other great reserves such as North Warren.... although these are both coastal locations.
There's a good book titled Where to Watch Birds in East Anglia that may prove very useful.

cheers,
Andy

Hi Lucy and welcome. What a terrific county you now live in for birding and general nature observation. From Benacre and Covehithe in the north down the coast to wonderful Walberswick, Minsmere, Westleton Heath and down to Havergate and Shingle Street you have some wonderful places. You will find not only reedbeds but wonderful woods and heaths. If you are interested in flowers and butterflies and dragonflies you won't be disappointed. Enjoy your visits here.

Lee

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back