• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello from SW Oregon, USA (1 Viewer)

naturelover

I'm fortunate to live at the edge of a National Forest, so have many opportunities to observe the wildlife, birds being my main interest. I've been able to add a number of birds to my lifelist this year, having discovered that my backyard is a whole different bird world than is the front yard.

Just a couple days ago I watched a little Northern Pygmy Owl for several hours. These are American Robin sized daytime hunters.

Hope it doesn't take me too long to find my way around here. I really look forward to getting to know you folks, and sharing experiences and photos.

Julie Edmonds

Attachments

• pygmy owl_7290.jpg
    pygmy owl_7290.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 60

IanF

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators a warm welcome to Bird Forum :t:

A lovely capture of a Pygmy Owl. When you feel a bit more settled in it would be well worth uploading to the Gallery as well.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there naturelover and a warm welcome to you.

I would love to see one of these little owls. A beautiful capture you have there.

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hello, Julie and welcome to the forum. Lovely shot of this little fellow, would love to see one some day.

Dave B Smith

Hello Julie,
And another welcome to the Birdforum. Any backyard that sports a N. Pygmy Owl is a pretty good yard! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Users who are viewing this thread