Hello from SW Oregon, USA (1 Viewer)

naturelover

I'm fortunate to live at the edge of a National Forest, so have many opportunities to observe the wildlife, birds being my main interest. I've been able to add a number of birds to my lifelist this year, having discovered that my backyard is a whole different bird world than is the front yard.

Just a couple days ago I watched a little Northern Pygmy Owl for several hours. These are American Robin sized daytime hunters.

Hope it doesn't take me too long to find my way around here. I really look forward to getting to know you folks, and sharing experiences and photos.

Julie Edmonds

Attachments

• pygmy owl_7290.jpg
    pygmy owl_7290.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 60

IanF

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators a warm welcome to Bird Forum :t:

A lovely capture of a Pygmy Owl. When you feel a bit more settled in it would be well worth uploading to the Gallery as well.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
United States
Hi there naturelover and a warm welcome to you.

I would love to see one of these little owls. A beautiful capture you have there.

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hello, Julie and welcome to the forum. Lovely shot of this little fellow, would love to see one some day.

Dave B Smith

Hello Julie,
And another welcome to the Birdforum. Any backyard that sports a N. Pygmy Owl is a pretty good yard! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Users who are viewing this thread