• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello from the sunny (no, really) UK (1 Viewer)

dharma66

Hi all,

I'm Phil, from Manchester in the UK, and I'm just getting interested in birds. I'm not really sure why, it's just come over me all of a sudden.

I picked up a book about bird behaviour because there was nothing else to read, and suddenly I'm hooked.

I've been chasing the neighbours cat out of the garden, and looking at the merits of various bird tables and feeders, and planning a budget for my first set of bins.

I've read a couple more books, and startewd to think about where I might go to make a start at spotting something other than starlings!

Oh, and honest, it really is sunny in Manchester today!

robinm

Hi Phil,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Feels like summer here too :t:

Once you're hooked on birds you won't be able to give up ;)

dharma66

I just tried to signup to the forum, but got a message saying I was a member.

One password reset later, it turns out I registered and said hello in 2006! I really do t recall that!

However, I have had a desire to get into birding for a very long time, so I’m not that surprised.

I’m hoping that I’ll actually get some time to actually do something!

All I managed last time was to setup a (now very well attended) feeding station in the garden.

I’m hoping to convince the missus to join me on a couple trips to local venues in the new year...so:

Hello again!

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Phil and another warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news. Good luck with the missis then

Users who are viewing this thread