• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello from Vancouver! (1 Viewer)

Hi Everyone, I’m rather new to the forums and began building my kit this past Fall based on lots of searching, reading and advice on these forums!

My gear currently consists of Swarovski EL 8.5x42 binoculars, and Kowa 883, 25-60x, 1.6x extender, B+W 95mm filter, Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 tripod and MVH500AH fluid head, Kite Optics Viato backpack, Kowa TSN-IPX case and iPhone X for digiscoping.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Scopac Plus backpack from the UK for my father’s 65th birthday for his new Gosky 20-60x80, and there was a shipping address mistake so Paul kindly offered to ship a second backpack. Unexpectedly, I received two backpacks in the post yesterday! I’ve emailed Paul and he suggested I could give it away or donate it, so long as it gets used!

I’d love to hear some ideas on a give-away or contest. My preference is it go to someone local here in or around Vancouver, BC if anyone could suggest ideas so I can help contribute back to this wonderful community. Thanks!

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Hi MH and welcome to BirdForum from all the staff and moderators. It’s been too long since I’ve been to Vancouver.

We used to have a birding group reporting from Nanaimo. I wonder if there’s somewhere more local that you could donate it to? I use a Scopac as well. Makes carrying the scope much easier.

Rich

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you . (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi MH and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread