• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Weardale (1 Viewer)

Cliff Edge

United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
My name is Andy and I live in Weardale, England.
I enjoy watching birds and have done so for over 45 years.
This hobby also runs along side my other hobby being a lepidopterist.
My main area of interest for these hobbies is the UK.
I am by no means an expert as every day is another learning day.
I hope to be able to make a valued contribution to the forum and also to learn from the vast wealth of knowledge that the members have.

Many thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi there Andy and a warm welcome to you! (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Hi, Andy. Just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Thanks everyone 👍

Just sat and watched a Sparrowhawk chase a Collared Dove into my front window.
Both birds were fine as the Dove took the majority of the impact with the Sparrowhawk pulling the best window avoidance I have ever seen.
Was like something from Top Gun 😃.
I am surprised the Dove was able to recover from the impact 😯

Gosh!!! That really must have been amazing to watch Andy!!!

Thanks for drawing the picture for us!!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back