• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from (1 Viewer)

NMNative

United States
Hello! I'm in the Southwest region of the US, in New Mexico. I have several Roadrunners who frequent my back garden, as well as the usual house finches, goldfinches, assorted sparrows, white wing doves, etc. I started feeding the Roadrunners a few years ago (watching one munching meal worms as I type this), then during the pandemic I bought some different feeders and it's grown from there. Of course the Roadrunners occasionally snack on an unfortunate bird who didn't get the memo to flee when the RR comes into the yard, but mostly the RRs feed on insects and lizards. I hope to learn more about feeding my backyard birds and some tricks and tips to attract even more to my garden. I look forward to making new friends! I hope it's okay that I attached a couple of photos of my RR friends. They are fascinating birds. Vicious, lightening quick hunters, curious and bold around humans, caring parents, and in my eyes very beautiful birds. Their plumage is amazing with multicolored brown feathers on their bodies, downy soft black fluff on their back which they expose to the sun to warm up in the winter, and long, iridescent tail feathers that fan out when they are courting or hunting.
B33CACF0-E13E-4E97-A82B-845FDC13185C_1_201_a.jpeg64B61B0E-1CF5-4560-A92A-01E06DAC82F2.jpeg

Great shots! I would love to see one of these guys someday.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi NMNative and a warm welcome from me too.

This species has long fascinated me and I'd love to see them.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Excellent images of these birds, reminds me of seeing them come in my yard in SE AZ and feed on the lizards. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back