• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello, these last years I fell deep into Astronomy and love taking my telescope into the dark sky during the new moon, (1 Viewer)

oren17

United States
But, a few weeks ago I bought a $10 pair of micro binoculars and went to the beach in santa monica,
where I looked at the school of birds that I admire, the ones that follow the tide,
they run away from the waves and then rapidly feed during the 10 second intervals,
looking at them from even those basic lenses was a beautiful experience.

This forced me to obsess and I quickly found a 9x25 nikon vintage,
returned to beach and I was amazed at how much more these lenses connected me to the birds.
I'm absolutely addicted at this point,
I joined the Audubon Society today which feels amazing and have seen so many incredible photos you all have taken. thank you all.

Now I have spent the last two days searching for my Professional Grade birdwatching Optics,
If anyone has a used pair they want to sell me, I'd be honored, since they are coming from a very special place.

Looking forward to going on adventures around the world with these new eyes.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Oren and a warm welcome from me too.

where I looked at the school of birds that I admire, the ones that follow the tide,
they run away from the waves and then rapidly feed during the 10 second intervals,
They sound very like Sanderlings and, yes they are wonderful to watch.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread