• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Hello. (1 Viewer)

Eric1*

United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.
My garden is a haven for birds. Greenfinch, Chaffinch, Bullfinch and Goldfinch. Two Robins. Two male and one female Blackbirds, Jays, Woodpecker, Wren, Nuthatch, Blackcaps, White Collar doves, Jackdaws, a whole family of Sparrows, and many Magpies, (Up to 7 at a time) I am very lucky and I think the mild climate here in Cornwall and the influence of the Gulf Stream may be the reason for some of them visiting my garden. It is semi tropical you could say.
Today I saw a young Black and Pink Magpie. Stunning looking bird. It has been in my feeder box on and off all day.
If I post pictures in this group do I lose my copyright to the pics and can other people share them without my permission. Not being selfish just want to clarify.

Best wishes to you all.

Eric1*

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there Eric and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Eric and a warm welcome from me too.

If you read our Terms and Conditions, and the Gallery Guidelines you will see that you retain the copyright of your pictures. No-one is allowed to copy them or use them without your permission. In the same way you should not upload any pictures that aren't your own.

I think that putting a copyright symbol on Gallery images distracts from the content, but that's a personal view; I guess for that reason not many people do it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Eric1*

United Kingdom
Hi Eric and a warm welcome from me too.

If you read our Terms and Conditions, and the Gallery Guidelines you will see that you retain the copyright of your pictures. No-one is allowed to copy them or use them without your permission. In the same way you should not upload any pictures that aren't your own.

I think that putting a copyright symbol on Gallery images distracts from the content, but that's a personal view; I guess for that reason not many people do it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
Thank you Delia.

Users who are viewing this thread