• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello. (1 Viewer)

Eric1*

United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.
My garden is a haven for birds. Greenfinch, Chaffinch, Bullfinch and Goldfinch. Two Robins. Two male and one female Blackbirds, Jays, Woodpecker, Wren, Nuthatch, Blackcaps, White Collar doves, Jackdaws, a whole family of Sparrows, and many Magpies, (Up to 7 at a time) I am very lucky and I think the mild climate here in Cornwall and the influence of the Gulf Stream may be the reason for some of them visiting my garden. It is semi tropical you could say.
Today I saw a young Black and Pink Magpie. Stunning looking bird. It has been in my feeder box on and off all day.
If I post pictures in this group do I lose my copyright to the pics and can other people share them without my permission. Not being selfish just want to clarify.

Best wishes to you all.

Eric1*

Hi there Eric and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Eric and welcome to BirdForum. I wonder if you have a Rose-coloured Starling visiting? There’s a handful around at the moment.

Rich

Welcome to Birdforum. Many people place a copyright on their photos in the Gallery.

Hi Eric and a warm welcome from me too.

If you read our Terms and Conditions, and the Gallery Guidelines you will see that you retain the copyright of your pictures. No-one is allowed to copy them or use them without your permission. In the same way you should not upload any pictures that aren't your own.

I think that putting a copyright symbol on Gallery images distracts from the content, but that's a personal view; I guess for that reason not many people do it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi Eric and a warm welcome from me too.

If you read our Terms and Conditions, and the Gallery Guidelines you will see that you retain the copyright of your pictures. No-one is allowed to copy them or use them without your permission. In the same way you should not upload any pictures that aren't your own.

I think that putting a copyright symbol on Gallery images distracts from the content, but that's a personal view; I guess for that reason not many people do it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
Thank you Delia.

Hi Clark. Thanks for the welcome. I spent half of today trying to identify it and passed by the shape of a starling. It seems more like a Magpie to me.

Attachments

• IMG_8199.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 5
Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back