• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Help Finding Book I Once Read (1 Viewer)

BillKistner

Hello! I’ve had no luck searching for this book. I read it Hardcover in 2003 or 2004 when I was working at Barnes and Noble. It’s a story of a guy who travels around doing bird watching. Each chapter is a different location and story. I don’t think he was a birder at the start. It was non-fiction and a very good read. I would guess it was published between 2002 and 2004 and was equal parts birding, history, and travel. Anyone have any idea? I’d love to find it again. Thank you all!

Murray Lord

It isn't a perfect match for your description, but maybe To See Every Bird on Earth by Dan Koeppel? Published 2005.

Edit: Was it a book about looking for cranes? Sounds a bit like The Birds of Heaven: Travels with Cranes by Peter Matthiessen, published 2001.

Last edited:

paul Robinson

Where did he travel around - the US? I remember a book by a young birder mostly hitching around the US, mostly east coast but also Texas. Can't remember the name though...
Paul

StuartReeves

Local rarity
Where did he travel around - the US? I remember a book by a young birder mostly hitching around the US, mostly east coast but also Texas. Can't remember the name though...
Paul

That sounds like Kingbird Highway by Ken Kauffman which is essential reading for any US birder!

Users who are viewing this thread