• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help in the bronx with shore birds (1 Viewer)

glide133

this bird at first looked too be a lesser yellowleg,but I'm not so sure after putting the photo's on my computer.this was in the Bronx in n.y.

Attachments

• DSC_6937.jpg
    DSC_6937.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_6927.jpg
    DSC_6927.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_6939.jpg
    DSC_6939.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 159
Looks way off for a Willet to me. The bird lacks the bulky neck and head of a Willet, the wings looks too long, the back looks too dark, and is speckled white (like Solitary). The face pattern is odd for Solitary, though. It's hard to judge the bill size and shape given the angle of the shots.

Andy

Here is the bird under a greater yellowlegs.looms a lot smaller in my opinion

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1565443978438.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565443978438.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 80
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back