• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help looking after a baby Seagull I found lost on the street (1 Viewer)

Kangax

Hey, I'm completely new to this but I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on looking after (what I believe to be) a baby seagull. I found it after walking home from a wildlife activity. Some of my friends called me over (I'm 12) and had said they found a baby duck. I carried it home and now it's sitting in a washing up box with a cloth, some shredded toilet paper and some cotton. It seems pretty strong and it moves about and eats, and it makes these cute chirping sounds occasionally which makes me believe it's quite healthy. I I've been told to feed it wet food like sardines and cat food every 2 hours. Does anyone have any extra tips for me? I'm phoning the RSPCA in the morning to come and pick it up. Thanks everyone :)

Also, apologies if this is in the wrong section, I'm new here.

No, you are in the perfect section and a warm welcome to you.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things and glad your are getting the RSPCA involved.

He's a lot more confident now, he's enjoying his chunks of sardine and he's moving about a lot more. I found out when he starts chirping repeatedly it's because he misses his mum, so I just hold him and stroke him.

-J

Good! But still get your humane society involved. That's the very best thing you can do and thank you for caring so much ;)

He's a lot more confident now, he's enjoying his chunks of sardine and he's moving about a lot more. I found out when he starts chirping repeatedly it's because he misses his mum, so I just hold him and stroke him.

-J

how is your baby now

-J

Just wondering how you got on with the RSPCA with regards to your baby seagul? I'm in the same situation.. although I've not touched ours.. thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back