• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Help please. Kenya lizard (1 Viewer)

Wiganlad

I believe this is adolfus but not sure which. From Kenya 1985! Any help gratefully received

Attachments

• P1090920.JPG
    P1090920.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • P1090961.JPG
    P1090961.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Wiganlad

That's a good call Andy. Now I'm not sure at all but this Rainbow Skink could be a better fit. I wonder if anyone else has a view?

Steve Babbs

Taking into account that I am no expert and am just using the Field Guide to East African reptiles it would appear to be rainbow skink as Andy says. It used to lumped with five-lined skink. Yours seems to have some spots of the back which apparently is a feature of rainbow not five-lined. Its scientific name appears to now be Trachylepis margaritifer.

Wiganlad

Thanks for your time and effort Steve Babbs. I think we'll go with Rainbow Skink
Taking into account that I am no expert and am just using the Field Guide to East African reptiles it would appear to be rainbow skink as Andy says. It used to lumped with five-lined skink. Yours seems to have some spots of the back which apparently is a feature of rainbow not five-lined. Its scientific name appears to now be Trachylepis margaritifer.
How about this fellow who also appeared in Kenya in an old slide from the hotel/lodge area
snake.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread