• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Help with binoculars-habicht 10x40 (1 Viewer)

Kbrock21

Hello friends!
I am hoping one of you might be able to help me. I recently found a pair of Swarovski Habicht 10 x 40 binoculars from my grandparents "box of treasures" handed down to me. I know NOTHING about them, other than what little I am able to find. They have what appears to be original case and overall are in good condition. The lenses are clear (not foggy) and they have a leather strap. I am not sure what my plan is to do with them, but didnt know if anyone could help me determine what I have, or where I could find out. I'd love to see them go to a home of someone that would appreciate them as much as my Poppy did. Thank you in advance. Kim

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum and thanks for taking a moment to sway hello ;)

I'm moving your thread to the Bin section of the Forum and I've subscribed you to it so that you will get an email any time someone replies to your question. Enjoy!

John A Roberts

Australia
Hi Kim,

Firstly, welcome to the forum

The Habicht line of binoculars has been in continuous production since 1949, and the 10x40's since 1954! So naturally there's been a number of changes over that time
If you could post some photos, especially of the markings on the top plates next to the eyepieces - or describe them in detail -
I can give you a clear idea of when your binocular dates from, what features it has, and where it fits into the history of the Habichts

John

Users who are viewing this thread