• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Help with Blue tit behaviour (1 Viewer)

RowsonS

United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
I did post this on the main forum without noticing this one. I am very new to this and only put up my first nest box this year. Come about March time I noticed a female i would guess going in and out the nest with feathers etc( i dont have a camera in this box)couple weeks had past and i noticed every morning one of them would sing near the nest box just before sun rise then fly off. I hadn’t seen them as a pair for a while until last Saturday. Not much activity again until Thursday when i noticed the pair of them flying in and out loads with what appeared to be food, this continued until 8pm Friday. Come Saturday morning i saw one of them, then when i came back at lunch few hours past and nothing. Then i noticed one fly near the box but didn’t go into it and flew off. 6/7 hours had passed with nothing entering the box. I read on the BTO site about how to monitor a box safely, its high level so i went up and gave it a gentle tap but didn’t hear anything. An hour had passed and one came back, this time popped into the box for a second then straight back out. Not noticed anything since. Have they been unlucky and lost the whole brood? Am i wrong and it is too early for them to even had hatched? Im hoping im wrong as i find blue tits beautiful birds and its great to try help them be successful. Thank you

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread